The Church Brewing Company was incorporated in 2017 and is located in downtown Wolfville. Wolfville is a historic town on the shores of the Bay of Fundy, home to the largest tides in the world, dozens of award-winning wineries, and Acadia University. We are home to a microbrewery, with a very popular 250 seat restaurant, retail shop and taproom. Currently we employ over 50 staff.
We produce numerous beer styles for sale both on-site and off-site. Currently we deliver products to the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission, other retailers and accounts.
We are looking for an experienced brewer or brewmaster who is capable of running and managing a 35 hectolitre, 4 vessel, semi-automated DME brewhouse, centrifuge and 6-head Cask canning line.
A detailed job description will be provided upon request, a brief overview of responsibilities and accountabilities are listed below:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the brewery.
- Maintain current beer brands and recipes at the highest standards. We brew a mix of German Lagers, Belgian styles, Belgian/US hybrids, and Kveik Hop forward beers.
- Ability to create new recipes, innovate, and work with the team to analyze new/emerging opportunities for product market expansion.
- Manage maintenance schedule (pumps, heat exchangers, valves, regulators, boiler water treatment, etc).
- Directly work with suppliers; managing hops contracts, procure brewing ingredients, goods, chemicals, cooperage and brewhouse equipment.
- Work with the team in order to continually improve efficiency, lower costs and achieve financial targets.
- Work with the Management and sales team to forecast and grow production for both on-site and off-site sales.
- Act as an internal and external Brand Ambassador; industry events, trade associations, staff education and a presence in the taproom and restaurant.
- Maintain safety and health standards. Be familiar with quality control standards and understand sanitation and cleaning procedures in detail.
- Record and calculate gravities, temperatures, DO, CO2, and pH daily and keep impeccable records.
- Demonstrated 2-5+ years’ work experience in a professional brewing capacity.
- A degree in Brewing Science or Technology, Engineering or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to ensure quality and tracking/inventory of products using analytics (i.e. Excel, Squirrel and EKOS) and process standards, including Quality Assurance.
- Must ensure that allsafety and quality control standards up-to-date and are met.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, supervise, educate and mentor brewery and company staff. A team player and have the ability to solve problems.
- Assets include training in the following; forklift operation, Fall Arrest and First Aid.
Deadline to apply: Midnight June 24, 2020
To apply, please email email@example.com